Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I love reading about David...

and how he trusted God. I happened to come across this scripture in a daily devotion...

But David persisted. "I have been taking care of my father's sheep and goats, he said. "When a lion or bear comes to steal a lamb from the flock, I go after it with a club and rescue the lamb from it's mouth. If the animal turns on me, I catch it by the jaw and club it to death." 1 Samuel 17: 34-35


I think this is definitely a source of inspiration, especially when we're blind sighted to something that initially looks like trouble. When the lion or bear comes to destroy his flock, it was actually a great opportunity for David to develop into the warrior, and man after God's heart. Our human minds tend see that as horrible, but it was actually God's opportunity in disquise.

Think of preparation. David killed bears and Lions, AND THEN killed Goliath! If he had failed he probably wouldn't have become God's chosen king! Friend, when a "lion" or a "bear" comes into your life, try to look past the ugliness and the fierceness. It's H-A-R-D, but can be done. I would never tell you to 'do what I say' and not 'do what I do.' It's not impossible; let the Lord open your eyes to see Him in it. Every difficulty that comes our way, if we receive it correctly, is God's opportunity.
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Loading