Friday, April 2, 2010

Last night I turned to this Psalm...

the words David cried are identical to the way I was feeling last night. With nobody to comfort me in my time of need... God came through AGAIN (for the gazillionth time!)

David cried out until he was physically exhausted, with a parched throat and eyes swollen from weeping... boy, does that sound familiar! Yet he still trusted God to save him. When we are absolutely devastated by tragedy, we need not collapse or despair because we can turn to our Father for help. Yeah, the tears most probably will come, but we have to believe we won't be crying in vain.


Save me, O God, for the floodwaters are up to my neck.
Deeper and deeper I sink into the mire;
I can't find a foothold.
I am in deep water,
and the floods overwhelm me.

I am exhausted from crying for help;
my throat is parched.
My eyes are swollen with weeping,
waiting for my God to help me. Psalm 69: 1-3

But I keep praying to you,
Lord, hoping this time you will show me favor.
In your unfailing love,
O God, answer my prayer with your sure salvation.
Rescue me from the mud; don't let me sink any deeper!

Don't let the floods overwhelm me,
or the deep waters swallow me,
or the pit of death devour me.

Answer my prayers, o Lord,
for your unfailing love is wonderful.
Take care of me,
for your mercy is so plentiful.
Don't hide from your servant;
answer me quickly, for I am in deep trouble!
Come and redeem me;
free me from my enemies. Psalm 69: 13-18






Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Loading