Thursday, February 11, 2010

I Don't Know About You...

but this scripture really spoke to me, considering a new chapter is opening up in my life. A new season... I am moving across town to a new apartment where everything is on the first floor, which is going to be much easier not having to climb stairs! We live in a very beautiful loft apartment with stairs coming up into the apartment, and then stairs leading upstairs in the loft where our bedroom used to be (13 steps in each flight! We moved our bedroom to the cramped bedroom we have on our first level to make it easier for me, and my husband now has his Photography Studio upstairs in the loft. When we first moved here 8 years ago, I was much healthier but over that time my disease has progressed). Those stairs are a major barrier for me. I can do stairs but it's a huge challenge, and by the time I reach the top, I'm extremely exhausted! I absolutely hate doing laundry, because our washer and dryer are upstairs, so I wait until I run out of clothes!

Anyway our new apartment is beautiful too, everything is on one floor- Hallelujah! It's definitely a new season for me, and I will be able to use my scooter or a manual wheelchair in the new apartment, but to be honest with you... I am struggling with that. I know it will help me get around better. I don't know... I'm still struggling! So this scripture spoke to me about the situation I'm in at this moment in time...


"The priests will carry the Ark of the Lord, the Lord of all the earth. As soon as their feet touch the water, the flow of water will be cut off upstream, and the river will stand up like a wall." Joshua 3: 13

"So the people left their camp to cross the Jordan, and the priests who were carrying the Ark of the Covenant went ahead of them. It was the harvest season, and the Jordan was overflowing its banks. But as soon as the feet of the priests who were carrying the Ark touched the water at the river's edge, the water above that point began backing up a great distance away at a town called Adam, which is near Zarethan. And the water below that point flowed on to the Dead Sea until the riverbed was dry. Then all the people crossed over near the town of Jericho.

Meanwhile, the priests who were carrying the Ark of the Lord's Covenant stood on dry ground in the middle of the riverbed as people passed by. They waited there until the whole nation of Israel had crossed the Jordan on dry ground." Joshua 3: 13-17


In order to cross, the priests had to step into the water. What if these priests had been afraid to take that fist step? Often God provides no solution to our problems until we trust Him and move ahead with what we know we should do. I told you about my river, my obstacle (wheelchair) in my life right now. I need to take that first step. How about you? What's the obstacle in your way?

My move is set for April 9th

Bookmark and Share

Recent Posts


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Loading