Monday, October 12, 2009

I'd Like to Share a Little Nugget of Truth...

God gave me this morning. Well I won't go into details, but another pity party was starting to well up inside of me. Actually, it has been growing since yesterday. I was having a pity-party (for the umpteenth time because of my physical limitations).

Anyway, one of the first things I did, after getting coffee of course, was pick up my Streams in the Desert devotional. It's as if God was speaking just for my benefit. The scripture accompanying the devotion was about Joseph (Oh how I can relate to Joseph!)...

"Joseph's master took him and put him in prison...But...the Lord was with him...and gave him success in whatever he did." Genesis 39: 20-21, 23


Lord Jesus, when the prison door closes behind me, keep me trusting in you with complete and overflowing joy. Give Your work through me great success, and even in prison make me "free indeed" (John 8:36)


And here's a poem that was in the devotion for today, October 12...

A little bird I am
Shut from the fields of air,
And in my cage I sit and sing
To Him who placed me there;
Well pleased a prisoner to be,
Because, my God, it pleases thee.

My cage confines me round,
Freely I cannot fly,
But though my wings are closely bound,
My soul is at liberty;
For prison walls cannot control
The flight or freedom of the soul.

Wasn't that beautiful? I just surrendered it all to God. He is the key to my life, and I run to Him every hour of every day.



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Loading