Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I was just sitting here minding my own business...

when I heard the Spirit of God tell my spirit that I need to publish these words...

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend [or overcome] it." John 1: 1-5



Wrap your heads around this! John affirms three vital truths about the Word [Christ]: He existed in the beginning; He was with God; and in His divine nature He was indeed God.

"Life" and "light" are favorite terms used frequently by John throughout this book. Here he shows that Christ came to give us life and open our eyes to the light of salvation, which conquers the darkness of this world.

Here are lyrics from the song, "Lord I Lift Your Name On High"...

Lord, I lift your name on high
Lord, I love to sing Your praises

I'm so glad You're in my life. I'm so glad You came to save us

You came from Heaven to earth to show the way
From the earth to the cross - my debt to pay
From the cross to the grave
From the grave to the sky
Lord, I lift Your Name on high

210


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Loading