Saturday, July 25, 2009

"All of my life...

...in every season...You are still God...I have a reason to sing...I have a reason to worship."

This song has been playing on and on throughout my head for the past few days, and last night the Holy Spirit laid Psalm 45 upon my heart...


Beautiful words stir my heart. I will recite a lovely poem about the king, for my tongue is the pen of a skillful poet (or for us writers, the NKJV says "My tongue is the pen of a ready writer").
You are the most handsome of all. Gracious words stream from your lips. God himself has blessed you forever.
Put on your sword, O mighty warrior! You are so glorious, so majestic!
In your majesty, ride out to victory, defending truth, humility, and justice. Go forth to perform awe-inspiring deeds!
Your arrows are sharp, piercing your enemies hearts ("For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires" Hebrews 4:12). The nations fall at your feet.


My Bible says this is a poem to the king (possibly Solomon) on the occasion of his wedding. While this psalm was written for a historic occasion, it is also seen as a prophecy about Christ and His bride, the church, who will praise Him throughout all


Your throne, O God, endures forever and ever. You rule with a scepter of justice.
You love justice and hate evil. Therefore God, your God has anointed you, pouring out the oil of joy on you more than anyone else.
Myrrh, ales, and cassia perfume your robes. In ivory palaces the music of strings entertain you.
Kings' daughters are among your noble women. At your right side stands the queen. wearing jewelry of finest gold from Ophir!

Listen to me, O royal daughter; take to heart what I say. Forget your people and your family far away.
For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your Lord.




210


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Loading